For a little local flavor, try one of our great restaurants or local breweries. Perhaps try a bit of square dancing in the streets of Brevard on a summer night.
Evenings throughout the summer there truly is dancing in the streets with old time street dances on Main Street in front of the iconic courthouse. A live band will be playing with a “caller” for some square dancing fun. Join the fun- by the end of the night you still may not have mastered the dance but you might just discover that all the laughing you did makes that knowledge perfectly bearable!
On Main Street you’ll find Brevard Brewing Co. http://www.brevard-brewing.com/ a really casual place to pop in to sit and have a beer. Oscar Blues in Pisgah Forest https://www.oskarblues.com/ has a large outdoor patio where the kids and dogs are welcome and the adults are playing corn-hole and such. It’s a good place to kick back and visit or just watch and listen. In the summer, one or more food trucks are parked to offer a nice variety of food to go with your beverage. Pisgah Tavern inside The Hub in Pisgah Forest http://www.thehubpisgah.com/ is another place for a beer and the food truck experience. There seem to be more breweries popping up every month so be sure to do some “googling.” And for those who enjoy wine, Wine Down on Main serves up a fine selection of wine in a cozy atmosphere.
You will find a nice array of eating establishments around Brevard.
Brick and Mortar restaurants:
- Blue Smoke BBQ https://www.facebook.com/Eatbluesmokebbq/
- Mayberry’s https://www.mayberrys.co/
- Cedar Mtn Cafe http://www.cedarmountaincafe.com/ Really great breakfast. Love the fried grits.
- Fall’s Landing http://www.thefallslanding.com/ Consistently good. Best french fries. Salmon Burger.
- Jordan Street Cafe http://www.thejordanstreetcafe.com/ Bourbon Pecan Glazed Trout special is so good.
- Sora http://www.sorajapanese.com/ Adore their sushi.
- Magpie’s Meat and Three: http://magpiemeatandthree.com/ Casual, classic southern cuisine
- Pescado’s: https://www.pescadosburrito.com/ Tex-Mex. Naked Fish Burrito
- Pad Thai http://www.padthaibrevard.com/ Drunken Noodles
- The Square Root https://www.squarerootrestaurant.com
- Ktchn. 44 East Main Street for wood fired pizza