Ahh, the vacation time you’ve worked so hard for has finally arrived. It’s time to enjoy a leisurely meal outside, serenaded by the sounds of nature. At dusk, build a fire in the fire pit while the kids entertain themselves blowing magical, colorful bubbles. Now, settle back to watch the sunset, just before the firefly display starts and the stars make their appearance.
Time with Family and Friends
Gather with family and friends to tell tales on each other. Play a board game, start and finish a puzzle, catch up on the little stuff while you are listening to those cows mooing in the valley below.
Much of the year, Brevard is home to a variety of events:
- April: Assault on the Carolinas Road Bike Race.
- May: White Squirrel Festival- a celebration of our unique town mascot.
- June: Brevard Blues N’ BBQ Festival.
- July 4th Celebration when Brevard closes the streets for a day of festivities.
- June -August: Brevard Music Center Summer Festival.
- September: Mountain Song Festival headlined by our own Grammy Award winning, Steep Canyon Rangers and their special guests.
- October: Halloweenfest
- November: The Swank and Couch Potato mountain bike events.
- December: Twilight Tour.
Brevard has long been home to artists, musicians, thespians and just generally interesting folks. For instance, during your visit you will certainly see the local toy store owner, John Taylor (of OP Taylor’s -“The Coolest Toy Store on the Planet!”), walking down the street with his signature multi-color ball cap topped with a propeller. During the holidays, our outdoor sculptures get in the spirit with brightly colored scarves draped about their necks. Even our outbuildings are places of expression, as you will note from the picture above of a local barn. Yeah, I think it is safe to say, we’ve got local color.
Feel Free to Ask
We encourage you to ask any questions you may have regarding the properties, the area, availability, booking or anything else that’s on your mind. We figure you are like us and you want answers in short order- we get that and we make it a priority to respond quickly.