This Google Doc provides current information about many Brevard restaurants, retail stores, and entertainment businesses during the COVID-19 alert. The restaurant info is quite useful since some places have completely shutdown while others offer curbside pickup, drive thru service, online ordering, etc.
The following link provided by the local paper covers info about the Blue Ridge Parkway, our forests, recreational areas, etc
Pondering upcoming road travel and vacation amid the current COVID-19 outbreak? First of all, we urge everyone to consider any significant factors impacting their unique travel group when determining their best course of action. Also, please know we appreciate how stressful this time is for everyone. Lastly, we implore everyone to follow the guidance of health officials, for instance:
- if you are 65 years or older, have compromised immune system or underlying health issues these folks are encouraged to stay at home as much as possible;
- wash your hands thoroughly (at least 20 seconds of scrubbing with soap and water) and often;
- practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away whenever possible;
- cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow or into a tissue; keep hand sanitizer in your vehicle and use it generously on your hands, keys, steering wheel, door pulls.. immediately after leaving a public place and
- limit the number of people you interact with.
Local COVID-19 stats –
As of May 18, 2020 there are eight (8) cases of COVID-19 reported in Transylvania County. We feel fortunate to live in an area where there are vast areas of forest lands allowing the opportunity to be outside to de-stress and relax as we plod through these difficult times. To learn the latest news regarding COVID-19 in this area, try visiting https://transylvaniahealth.org/covid-19/ or https://wlos.com/news/coronavirus.
What we are doing to safeguard your vacation from COVID-19
Be assured, we are spending extra time and attention sanitizing high-touch areas like light switches, door handles, etc. We want you to feel confident that your lodging is as safe as we can make it, consequently, we continue to follow guidelines set forth by the CDC and the state of North Carolina while continuing to update guests as we learn more.
Finally, potential and scheduled guests should feel free to contact us directly with specific questions or concerns. Now, everyone stay safe, sane, healthy and informed!